View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #62
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
pippen was a MUCH better defender than bowen, and a much better scorer and facilator. The bulls of the 90s are the greatest defensive teams of all times and that is largely due to the fact that pippen is definitely the best wing defender and arguably the best overall defender of all time. Not to mention that when jordan felt like turning it up he was a beast defensively too though he did take large periods of the game off. The length and athleticism from 2-5 would be so unbelievable i dont think anyone could do anything against them. I thought about playin gp or frazier at the point but decided id rather have the distributor and the guys behind him would make up for magics defensive short comings.
I MAY be one of the biggest Pippen fans alive and that is no joke. I say that because there really aren't many Pippen worshipers. With that being said, I don't know if I would even put Pippen on an all-time time. Is he arguably one of the best defenders?? Yes! There are arguments to be made why he is great but I just couldn't see putting him before Bird. Yes he was EASILY a better defender and possibly more versatile than Bird BUT Bird simply made his team better by being on the court because you had to respect him so much and if you DIDN'T he would KILL YOU!

I'm not going to diss you for putting Pippen on there, as a matter of fact, I'm happy to see someone recognizes how special of a player he actually was.
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote