Thread: Centers
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 02:34 AM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Centers

Quote:
I would be intersted in hearing opinions about where Erick Dampier would fall on this list if he were a FA this year.
I can really only see convincing arguments for Dalembert and Z ahead of Damp. Curry's a god-awful rebounder and weak defender, and as much as I like Gad (what the freak is he doing rated 9th!?!), I think he's still just a touch too raw to put him ahead of Damp, who has a better understanding of how to play the position, IMO. So I'll say 3rd, owing to Z's superior numbers and Dalembert's youth.

And I think it's also fair to point out that none of the guys in this free agent crop put up stats in their contract years that could equal the 12/12/2 Damp put up in his contract year. Match Damp's contract year up against their contract years and Damp's #1, so it'll not only be interesting to see what the (my) top guys on the list get paid (I'm betting Z and Sam's deals are comparable to Damp's), but also to see how they perform in their first post-contract year.