View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 05:36 AM   #21
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Hands down free agency.

Obviously it has more to do with philosophy where Cuban disregards draft and has no backup plans when engaging the free agency. I would say drafting, but you would have to take part in drafts in order to be bad at it. Mavs are constantly trading away and/or down, so they have worse drafting positions.

In free agency, they should have had a good position compared to others. At least after the title year when Dirk was younger. Nobody wants to go to Dallas and this is something that Cuban has refused to address.

I think one of the reasons of it is that Mavs have never had a futuristic vision. By that I mean there has always been a win-now mode but never a promise for the future.

I also would take a first round pick for Rick Carlisle and sign Scott Brooks to develop young. Would not be able to see how Rick keeps young talent in constant doghouse and lets lesser talented but harder workers to get more minutes.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote