Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #583
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
I'm thinking of getting an upgrade on my phone for the iphone 4g, my contract is up in July . But, now i'm a bit confused. I dont know whether i should get this phone or switch over to Sprint and get the HTC Evo 4G.
I did just that today.

I've been on the iPhone for almost 2 years. I liked a LOT about it...but I didn't like not having profiles, multitasking, how it handled notifications, being able to customize things, having flash support, or having to use itunes whether I liked it or not. I ended up jailbreaking to get a lot of the things I wanted, but on a 3G it brings my phone to a crawl.

Since I'm up for a new phone so I can get the new iPhone, so I wanted to see what they would actually unveil before I decided. After the conference, I decided I would make the move to Sprint and get an Evo 4G. Today was the first day I had to go look and I was able to find one at walmart. Every other place in town had a waiting list (i guess people forgot walmart sells them).

So far I'm loving it. The size was the only thing I was worried about, but it's not all that bigger than my iPhone was. The android market is much better than I was expecting. The phone itself is ridiculously fast/responsive. Droid OS makes me feel like I'm a big kid again. I won't bog down the iPhone thread anymore, but if anyone has any questions on the Evo, shoot me a PM.