Thread: Your last buy
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #167
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Amen. I know you guys are mostly joking, but I get so f'ing sick of hearing that shit. I always get my steak medium well to well. Guess what? I think it tastes 10000 times better than undercooked steak. I don't want my cow moo'ing back at me. Who gets to decide that there is a proper way to cook a food? Some people say getting it well ruins the flavor. I couldn't disagree more. To me, it is far more flavorful. Different people have different taste buds. It's a scientific fact (there's actually a chemical in broccoli that causes a certain taste reaction in some people but not others). I just hate when people act like it's blasphemy to get your steak cooked well. I think it's blasphemy to get it rare. There's my rant.

Oh, and last buy was one too many scotch's.
Different strokes for everyone, obviously, but purposely cooking most (or all) of the juice out of a good steak is one of the more bizarre food decisions, imo. Do you at least stick to real fatty cuts like ribeys when you go well done? That saves it a tiny bit. Eating a well done sirloin is like eating a piece of charcoal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote