Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #143
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@SBNationNBA:
1. Hawks - Luka Doncic
2. Celtics - Mohamed Bamba
3. Magic - Deandre Ayton
4. Grizz - Marvin Bagley
5. Mavs - Michael Porter Jr
6. Kings - Trae Young
7. Bulls - Jaren Jackson Jr
8. Cavs - Collin Sexton
9. Suns - Mikal Bridges
10. Hornets - Miles Bridges
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/...-marvin-bagley

This is a pretty suspect list (Bamba over Ayton? Young to Sacto when they just drafted Fox?), but I'd love it if Dallas landed Porter.
I love Bamba. Gobert is a top 20 or so player in the league and Bamba is better at the same age, longer and probably more agile with potential to have a better rounded offensive game- has a good looking stroke and range to college 3--even though he's not hitting at a good percentage. And he's 19 and by all accounts a hard worker, smart and coachable. He's averaging 4.6 blocks in 29.5 minutes! Ayton by comparison 1.6 in more minutes

Ayton looks like young Olajuwon. Except his defensive rating has been bad. And there are reports of him being lazy or at the very least he doesn't love ball. I'm not saying take one over the other but it may be a tougher decision then we'd imagine. What if Ayton is the benign version of Demarcus Cousins- needs the ball to be effective, not a great defender, takes plays off, coasts on talent. And Bamba is the guy that can make any team a perennial top 3-5 defense, always works hard and improves and doesn't need the ball to impact the game?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote