View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #14
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE: Kerry Shifts His Views on Arafat

Look, I didn’t post any attack on GWBush and his Israel/Palestinian policies,

I even said what he did/didn’t do was understandable.
but at the same time it’s not that there has been any “greatness” to crow about.

Not talking to Arafat increases his support among his constituency, and he marginalizes anybody who deals with us. That’s the reason GWBush doesn’t want to get involved, and what he’s done he’s done reluctantly.

I wonder if Arafat will ever give up power, he’ll probably die still in office.

Your rationale for the “greatness” of GWBush’s policies is that with patience the Palestinian’s will come to their senses, throw him out, and embrace Israel.

Let’s all sing kumbaya…

History is not on your side here, and neither is arab politics.

The last year has seen an escalation in the bombings, there were the first female bombers, and also for the first time an Israeli Arab.
The Palestinians believe that these bombings ARE making a difference in their fight. Who knows what will stop this, it’s a good question if a peace agreement will even stop them.

A fence certainly won’t do the trick, and Gaza is a very small area to draw a parallel to.

Finding someone on the Palestinian side to negotiate with would be an accomplishment.

Getting the Israelis to stop their assasination policy would be an accomplishment.

Getting a moritorium on suicide attacls would be an accomplishment.

Just getting the Israeli team and the Palestinian team to regular meetings would be an accomplishment.

Sorry, no credit due to GWBush on this one. No “greatness”, greatness is when something is accomplished
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote