View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 04:38 AM   #49
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< The zone can be busted rather easily IF you have a disciplined team. Look what the Spurs did to us. >>

And if the team playing defense just lost its best player to injury the previous night and is playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back and you are working in a couple of players who had missed double digit games, etc., etc.

One game does not show the zone defense can easily be busted. I've seen lots of great man to man defensive teams that have had off nights and been rung up for tons of points. Are you saying the Spurs suck as a defensive team and can be easily exploited because they get rung up one night? I think that the Spurs success had more to do with the implementation of the zone than the concept of the zone. Zone defense are new to the NBA. The Mavs have a really good set of zone defense that work great when the players implement them properly and we have adequate personnel to man the zone. You don't take out an Najera, Griffin, and your best rebounder in Dirk and not have some consequences. Especially when 2 of those guys are lost the night before without time to adjust. BTW if my memory serves correct the playoffs no longer have back to back games.