View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 08:32 PM   #65
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I have a question for all you who want Nellie gone if he doesn't reach the WCF this year. Why don't you just add a small caveat saying unless it is for a good reason. What would be a good reason. Some that I could think of is we get beat by a better team. The Mavs are well coached, have great effort, and play well; but the other team is just plain better. We could debate back and forth endlessly how this is could possibly happen. This is still a subjective call, but not as much as when we have no clue who we will be playing. Another could be the officials just give them the series. I'm not talking about one or 2 calls against us. Rather if over a 5 game series we get an average of 15 net calls against us in 3 games is it fair to blame Nellie for this one. You can't control officials. They made some horrible calls today, but not anywhere close to a negative 15 net. That's like the Mavs getting tagged with 15 extra turnovers. Are we that much better than the Lakers if they start playing that we can overcome that? How about 20 net calls against us? You get the picture. Is this probable. No. Is it possible. Yes. What is some team just gets fantastically hot. We play great defense, don't allow any layups or inside shots and force them to take contested jumpers 85% of the time. They just keep making the contested jumpers. How is that Nellie's fault? Again most of my examples probably won't happen. But isn't it fair to say that Cubes should review Nellies performance at the end of the year and need to find a good reason why they didn't make the WCF to bring Nellie back if the Mavs do not indeed make the WCF?