View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 11:26 AM   #57
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Who should go if one has to?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ummmmm Ok
I saw this in another thread so I wanted to hear what people thought. I would rather just get rid of the controversy with Antwan/Antoine. Get a guy that can really be a backup and a James isn't the answer we need at Center, but he is another body that Can play center.

Quote:
The Pacers are still searching for help in the backcourt. Pacers president Donnie Walsh tried to pry Barry away from the Sonics this summer. The Pacers still have a logjam at forward. With Jonathan Bender coming back any day and the Pacers promising to get him consistent minutes, a Barry-for-Al Harrington swap makes a lot of sense for both teams. Harrington is exactly the type of young, athletic low-post player the Sonics need.
Dallas trades:
SF Antawn Jamison (13.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.6 minutes)
Dallas receives:
C Jerome James (4.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.0 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.1 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Seattle trades:
SG Brent Barry (11.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 34.8 minutes)
C Jerome James (4.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.0 minutes)
Seattle receives:
SF Antawn Jamison (13.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 11 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -4.3 apg.

Indiana trades:
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)
Indiana receives:
SG Brent Barry (11.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 9 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.4 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and +3.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas, Seattle, and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Seattle, and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Harrington has a lot of upside but hes still no Jamison. Jerome has is overpaid and isnt very good or hed be getting pt in Seattle. No way i take this deal.