View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny thing is with leadership, and the Mavs -- from my experience, most coaches want their starting PG to be the leader of the team.

Reason is -- the starting PG is usually first to start both offensive and defensive sets. Now others can be the "leader", but the starting PG being the leader is the easiest way. This is what Avery saw himself as, and why he is so hard on Harris.

People are hard on Dirk because he is the best player, I understand that one. He is really not the prototypical leader though, and he doesn't have the charisma and attitude for it. This is not a knock on Dirk -- just my perception of the situation.

IMO, whomever Avery sees as the leader, he needs to start him. If that is Stack or Eddie, or Devean or whomever.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote