View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #15
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

"If you're looking for moderation, try searching outside the Two Party System..."

The election is always decided by moderates in the middle. The truth in your statement is that the moderates are usually choosing between two "hard core" polar opposites who do not really represent their moderate views.

This time, John McCain is truly a moderate overall. You can pick individual items like the military but I appreciate (and truly respect your knowledge and honesty) that you clearly stated that Obama (just like McCain) has said repeatedly when pushed that he has no plan to end the war abruptly or prematurely. Obama intends to seek victory just like McCain.

So, if you "delete" the military question from the debate (and most Americans blindly believe that Obama is going to end the war although Obama himself says he is not), then you are left with McCain as a populist moderate and Obama as a pro socialization liberal.

So, if you truly understand the war issue and truly want to aim at the center... then you are stuck with McCain.

And, for the record once again: I don't like McCain either. But, I sure can't vote for Obama.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote