View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #24
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Well, Zaza is going the be almost 32 next summer and i think it doesnt take much to "lock him up" early. I also doubt he is finishing the season with a double-double, his numbers are going to drop.

So locking up Zaza and throwing a max offer to Whiteside or Horford on July 1st should be the way to go.

Well, my dream scenario would be to have 45 mio cap space to throw max at Horford (25m) and Whiteside (20m) as a combined pitch. But this would mean to dumb either Harris or Barea, asking Deron to take the 5m player option, asking Dirk to opt out for another smaller contract etc....
They do have the option to stretch waive JJB and Devin. Doubt they'd do that but it at least offers flexibilty. Of course they would need to be replaced so the savings wouldn't be huge. Probably will explore trading one or both.

I think Dirk takes less before Deron does, unfortunately. No way he opts in with his injury issues.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote