View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
Although Rose is a decade younger, his basketball ability is 100% reliant on his being an explosive, hyper-athlete who is simply faster/stronger/quicker than everyone else on the court. Ergo, he actually has LESS of a chance at recovering from knee surgery to his former-glory than does Dirk. Dirk's game does not rely on athleticism. Although a bit of quickness helps, the fact that Dirk is getting older shouldn't cause his game to decline...YET. He is a player that just needs his rhythm, and health. If he has those 2 things, which he does, there is no reason to expect his game to decline, either this season or next. I feel as though Dirk will be around 38 or late-37 before his game starts to decline. The dude could prolly play til he's 43 if he was motivated to (which he won't).
I disagree that Dirks game doesn't rely on his athleticism, at least a good bit does. If that were true he'd be the same player he was, right now. Also, he can't carry a team with only the ability to shoot the J. He can be an average or slightly above average player in the league, but his playing time would diminish because he can't guard anyone. That is why he can't and won't play as late as you claim...at least not anything more than a shadow of what he once was. IF he can't dominate or play at a really high level offensively to counter the fact that he can't defend because of a lack of athleticism, he won't be on the floor a lot.

Some people have a false notion that he can just cruise around and just bomb jumpers until he's 40 and not need his full arsenal of moves that really catapulted him into the elite player he is. (Not to mention defensively Dirk at even 38 will be tough to watch.) That's just not reality, if you are going to be a sports agent and do anything in the field, that is something that you may want to fully comprehend.

Quote:
My rant stems from the fact that the people on these forums have an inability to look at the NBA from a big-picture standpoint. I feel as though people on here don't understand the CBA, don't understand why we let Tyson walk (regardless of the fact that it ENDED UP being the wrong decision), and certainly don't understand the potential of this team, or Dirk's ability to return to form. Some people on these boards know more than me, and its their posts that I actually read and enjoy, but most of you......its ridiculous. And you can discount my opinion all you want, but the fact of the matter is that I'm going to school to be a sports agent, specializing in the NBA. This is my career field, i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Edit: I'm not saying you all aren't Dirk/Mavs fans, and as such I'm not criticizing this aspect of your posts. I'm simply criticizing your overall level of intellect and knowledge of the game of basketball. Just wanted to be clear.
I am not in this group.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote