Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:02 PM   #151
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Translated....Rick WON'T play players who play decent defense over players who play decent offense.
He has two decent shot blockers on the team that he refuses to play and even suit up most of the time.
And I'm sure he has a huge sayso in who the Mavs claim off waivers, draft, trade for and sign in FA.

I'm sorry but that is more philosophy than DNA. You want to argue we aren't good enough to compete then I totally agree we don't have the personnel but I'm not buying that we have shot blockers on this team that deserve frequent DNPs.
Man, I heard all this in 2010 with Roddy, but somehow Carlisle led this team to a championship that season... Everyone thinks he's not playing these guys (who have excellent production over small sample sizes) more often because he's a fool, but the reality is that these guys only have excellent production because Rick knows when/where to play them.

Plus, chemistry plays a big role in playtime... We have no idea what these guys are like in practice -- if our veterans can't trust the younger players, then they won't get any burn... For all we know it could be Dirk keeping McGee and Mejri on the sidelines... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Charlie V is still here and John Jenkins isn't.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-23-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote