Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #154
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Defense wins championships and I think we proved it in 2011...not sure how and when that concept left Rick.
Well to be fair that was 3 starting caliber type centers. And the team's talent allowed us to always have defense and offense on the floor. I still have an issue of RC's lineups though, I have all year really, but I think if we had Mahinmi here right now he would be getting 20+mins a game. I still think McGee paired with Parsons at the 4 is good offense and gives a shot blocker(his actual defense is suspect from what I've read though). I still dislike any lineup with CV3 + Dirk or Powell. And I also don't like that Simba can't crack mins at the 3 when all the small guards are healthy because we use jj/dh/felton and move Wes to the 3.

I guess to UD's point, with the exception of Crowder it's not like all the people we want to get mins are doing anything once they leave here. Although I still think Roddy would have been better off had he been more of a jamal crawford type instead of forcing him into more of a pg role. That would be hindsight though.

I guess tbh RC did same in 2011 that he's doing now. The talent was just better. Stevenson similar to wes could slide to the 3. Marion slide to the 4 like Parsons. The three biggest differences IMO are Dirk being 2011 Dirk, the bench, and JET, we use Felton as a 6th man instead of Jet and Dirk doing two man. Which is why I wish RC would make some small adjustments because without 2011 Dirk to take heavy post possessions it wouldn't matter if we had 2011 JET also, it wouldn't work- we saw something close with Monta but Dirk's days of being like 2011 are gone. The bench was obv better across the board at center and we aren't even talking about butler being hurt all PO's. Talent wise we aren't close yet the scheme/lineups rly haven't changed much at all.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote