View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I have always been a fan of Michael Young, but I can no way place blame on anyone other than him for this. Sure, perhaps the front office could have sugar coated it a little better or something, but the blame lies with Young. The team has the right to decide where to place players on the field. Young is an adult and not a freaking 5 year old. He needs to grow up and do what's best for the team.. not what's best for his legacy. Yeah, he won't be that good of a hitting third baseman, but that's where the team needs him to be. He needs to stop worrying about what impact it will have on his numbers and do what's best for the team. No, he might not ever make it to the All-Star Game again if he moves to third..but moving him to third will help this team to better prepare to compete for the playoffs.

Young is being selfish and showing himself to be a poor leader at best.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote