Thread: Blazers
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #8
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Think about it....if Portland has a high teen pick we might be able to package something like that with our 31 (assuming we are the worst team) and possibly trade up for a 2nd lottery pick.
You also have to consider the situation where Blazers actually would get better thanks to the trade. In that case you would be talking about 18-20th pick. My issue is still the position Mavs end up with in the free agency. I would like to think that top 5 pick + Matthews + Barnes would at least give a reason for consideration for a guy like Boogie.

Some have tried to make a case to build a team and have something to show for a star caliber player to join Mavs. Now suddenly Dallas is supposed to end up with bad contracts and draft picks which may or may not end up good? Mavs have been good at drafting wing players. There is no need for that anymore.

The case against having free cap can be made that at least this summer, outside of Ibaka and Monroe, there is nothing really going for Mavs. Sure, there are names like Griffin and Lowry, but who actually thinks they are leaving the situation they are in?

On the flip side, I do not see Mavs trading for anyone in Portland. Problem is, all their bad contract-possible upside players play in the position where Mavs have zero need. Hard to imagine anyone trading for Crabbe and not giving him 25+ minutes a game.

Honestly, I do not think that Portland is interested in dumping salary before draft day. It would not surprise me if they are asking something meaningful in return for guy like Crabbe (something like late 1st round pick).
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote