View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #197
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I have to admit I was never high on My Bamba, but this board's comments of his wit and IQ changed my opinion. It was mostly down to my reluctance to have any 7'1+ player on a team. History shows that they will suffer a serious injury and you never know how they will respond.

Mavs drafting Luka was a pleasant surprise, but it has been amazing how Luka was hyped before draft and after joining Mavs he became like a role player. Coach Nick of BBallbreakdown was hyping him before draft but when it was clear that Trae Young is joining Hawks, his live commentary of draft spent much more time about talking what Trae is and discussion about Luka lasted less than a minute. It is almost as he hates Mavs.

I personally see Luka as minimum Ginobili potential and Trae Young more of an improvement of Deshawn Stevenson, who can score better and pass better (mostly due to improved talent over the years). I'm sorry to say but he just doesn't sound that smart / capable to mention amongst future Russell-Westbrook-like talents. Similar could be said about Ayton. I think Ayton ends up as solid starter but missing that something to make him a star. Just comments and behaviour leave a lot to wish for. Talent and physical attributes are there, but to carry a team... I'm less sure of that. Besides, he's joining PHX Suns...
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote