View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute
Default El Dorado's Mormon Thing

Anybody following the.....how do you put it????? Anybody following the confiscation of several hundred kids by the Texas CPS?

I refer you to this article....link

Let me clarify that I'm not an advocate of polygamy -- I think if God had meant for men to have more than one wife than surely he would have given us some super human powers.........and I'm certainly not an advocate of sex with underage girls...(and I swear to god, she told me she was 18).....

It's just that the early returns on this thing reak of some ghastly unconstitutional type stuff. I mean, we may all have a deep and abiding suspicion that these dudes were using little girls as breeders, but I think there's a thing or two between abiding suspicion and due process of law. This looks to me like exactly what the mormon fundies say it is --state sponsored persecution of a religious sect.

beware, be very wary of the mainstream media framing of this story -- time and time and time again you will read of "teenaged girls, married and pregnant", but whether these teenaged girls are 16 and over, and therefore quite legal in the state of texas, or under 16 will be scarcely discussed. you will read frequently of polygamy, but whether any of these men had more than one wife will be scarcely mentioned.* you will read of local El Doradan's who are quite suspicious of these folks, but rarely will you read of the local fellow who had nothing but good interactions from them.

(*let us note, for whatever it's worth, that the state in particular and society in general has a big double standard when it comes to so-called polygamy....if it's mormons doing it because god tells 'em to do it, it's awful....if it's a hedonist who does it in a playboy mansion, it's called The Girls Next Door).