View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #20
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, I'm retracting my suspicions about a mystery girl making cell phone calls from YFZ...as it turns out: a) a coworker reassures me that he can get a cell signal in the area (so long as it isn't T-Mobile, which apparently has the worst coverage on earth); and b) as a matter of fact, cell phones are very common accoutrements among teenaged girls in fundamentalist LDS sects. Who woulda thunk it?

Quote:
Can you name a case where the state has taken children from multiple families on the basis, basically, that all of those families shared the same religion?
the answer to this question, btw, is YES! I can name such a case.

and not only did the government confiscate children from multiple families within a community on the basis that these families shared the same religion, but also the government confiscated 100% of the children in that community, ala our little mormon utopia outside of El Dorado.