View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing many of you don't seem to understand is that "women" around the world really only have the "rights" that men give them. This isn't a religious thing, and yet it is.

In some of the middle east, women cover their heads and walk behind their husbands. Why? Because the laws written by men say they can do nothing about it. If they try to retaliate, then they are going against the "pick the religious book" and men have the right to physically do "this" to them. Women are reared to think that -- to be a good (wife, girl, etc) this is how I am expected to act. Brain washing goes a long way. (It happens to men and women in other areas as well).

Women here in America would tell you that they wouldn't do this, and this can't happen. I have heard many people argue me saying this before, and all once they think about it, admit that it is the truth. Women only have the rights that men allow them to have and will enforce.

Men can be done the same way. Might still makes right, until you know truth. See slavery.
Just as a note Jesus is truth, but I won't go into that right now.

My point is that the determination of what is going on being "right" or "wrong" depends on who is doing it, and where they are coming from.

IMO, these 40-50 year old guys who are impregnating teenagers in the name of taking on multiple wives is wrong. Period. Why, because it has nothing to do with Love, but everything to do with selfishness, power, and lust.

Everyone here focuses on the "letter" of the law, and I believe firmly on the constitution, but I also believe in "right" and "wrong". Slavery was wrong regardless of the law. Polygamy is wrong regardless of any law. Could they have executed the warrants better and maybe had a better legal stance? I am guessing yes.

Question, by letter of the law people. Can a group of women open up a "chicken ranch" bar where they have a $100 cover charge to get in, but all parties once in have consensual sex? Would this be prostitution or not? Could a woman on a street corner sell you a $50 condom and offer free class on how to use it? Laws are funny when you look at the letter of the law, compared to the spirit.

Let's say that you call the first part illegal because it is prostitution -- then if a guy goes into a bar, pays the cover charge, picks up girl who is looking for a man, and has consensual sex with her, is that prostitution and can both be charged?

Just some food for thought.

I have tried to stay on top of Ruby Ridge, and Branch Dividians (actually went by and saw the burned out complex), and now this one, and I am still concerned on both sides. I guess my biggest question is where do individual rights end, and who makes that determination? I know who makes the rules I live by, but I question the laws of "man" and the motives of "government".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote