View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #417
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
NBA draft net (not my favorite draft site) has Mavs taking PF GG Jackson from South Car. t 10 over Walker and whitmore. they put Hendricks at 4. Jackson may have the talent and phyicals tools but seems to have a lot higher bust factor.

After Mavs traded for KI, Nets added Johnson and Bridges from suns. Would a deal of 10 for 21 be acceptable if the Nets sent DFS back for Bullock and McGee or some other salary match? IMO, there will be polished college players on the board in the 20's or a young raw center.
I don't see the high bust factor unless you're expecting him to turn out to be KD offensively. IF GG name has been floated out there, it's probably an effort at a smoke screen. They can't risk that pick on potential huge offensive upside. No way at #10, with our roster.

What we need is a sure thing if we are keeping the pick/player. Jarace Walker could start day 1 and you know what you're gonna get. It's not flashy but he's exactly the type of player we need. Great defender, especially help defender and good rebounder. We really need the help defender too, our perimeter is often getting their asses blown apart. Hendrix has more potential for sure but it's not a sure thing it gets DfnP off the floor. Not big enough to carve out the space and be the fn brute that we need.

I'd be happy with either one of those 2, and a cpl others. We just don't have the flexibility to piece together the key components we need in order to just draft BPA, unless we explore SnT Kyrie.

I still don't see them investing in the future any further than getting Luka help NOW.

Fwiw, I have very very little interest in DFS.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-03-2023 at 03:19 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote