View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 01:54 AM   #455
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I like this idea, but the salaries don't really work. Matthews is making $17.8 mil this year. I'm not sure how a mid-season trade impacts the salary cap, is the current year's salary prorated?

Thunder only have a couple guys they could deal that would make sense. Kyle Singler, but he's only making $4.6 mil this year. Alex Abrines too, but he's only making $5.7 mil & if the Thunder trade him & Ferguson, then they don't have anyone to back up Wes at SG. Patrick Patterson is making $5.1 mil this yr, but he's their starting PF, and they only have old man Nick Collison to back up Patterson. Doesn't really help them to upgrade their SG spot at the expense of their PF spot.

Unfortunately, the Thunder don't really have any bad contracts they need to dump.
Yeah it would take a third team or something but they don’t even have any other assets really. I think it’s moot because I think they hold on to Ferguson unless someone calls and offers a real difference maker. Kid looks for real
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote