View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #42
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see us trading for a pg barring something quite unique happening. We may not have a great track record with getting the top guys in free agency but there are enough free agent pg's next year to make me hesitant on giving up value for a guys under long contracts with injury problems. Curry(not leaving), Cp3, Teague, Lowry, Burke, MCW, Livingston, Holliday, Schroeder, Rose, Rondo(no), Dwill, Jennings. That's enough of a pool to not go crazy trading young assets/picks for players with major questions/concerns regarding fit/health and being owed money for 2 more years beyond this one. Holliday, Rose, and Dwill all have injury issues and all will be entirely available next off season without giving up assets. MCW and Livingston could be nice adds to the bench and Teague is underrated and could fit here pretty well considering he usually is near the top in drives per game.

I'm against trading anything at all for Rubio and I'm against trading for Bledsoe unless the price did not include TC and he was basically given to us. Rubio for the reasons UD has said many times about his poor shooting(as well as injury concerns) and I just don't want 14m a year for 3 years invested in that even if he was basically free. Bledsoe at least when healthy is good at basically everything. We could at least cling to the Mavs medical bringing out the best in him like they do with everyone. Othwerwise if I wanted to take a risk with an injured pg who is young I'd just keep an eye on Holliday. If I wanted to go big I'd go Teague since I don't think the other top guys are leaving or they would command too much.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote