Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #39
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Tankathon now has Josh Green mocked to the Mavs at 18

Amar Sylla is not listed at all - is he in the draft still? Pogo stick but will get pushed around

Poku listed down at #28 - he seems like a huge project. Has skills but do we need another 7 footer of this sort?

saddiq bey was our mock at one point - he's mocked at #13 now.
I liked Green for us earlier in the year but his limited shooting ability is concerning in a Carlisle offense.

Bey would be a decent fit but rebounding is a weakness and that is something we'd definitely need at the position he'd play. Plus he's kind of a high floor/low ceiling type of player so a role position is probably the limit for him.
The mid-range part of this draft is where the bargains will be and I just think there are too many others in that range who could become solid starter-caliber players with much higher upsides than Bey.

Poku is very intriguing to me because he is just too skilled at his height to pass on. He does seem to be moving down now after moving up a month or so ago in mock drafts. The fact we aren't exactly in "win-now" mode makes some sense for this team not to mention he is a Donnie type pick.

Paul Reed is someone I'd definitely like for us to consider at 31 because he could possibly fill a need at PF next to KP. A decent athletic big wing who is an outstanding 1-on-1 defender and a decent shot-blocker and rebounder. Needs to work on his shot to become a regular on this team but could really fit a need if the Mavs could get that shot fixed. Could be one of the best defenders in this draft and become the best on our team. Kind of an Aminu type but with more upside imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-13-2020 at 03:18 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote