View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Doesn't surprise me, but I doubt there is too much off a drop off in value after 5. If the Kings sold for 525, then I'd say that is the going rate for a crap franchise these days.
It's a pretty big drop-off. The Heat are #6 behind the Mavs, but are worth $50M less. Number 10 is the Spurs at $527M (over $150M less than the Mavs). The Bucks (#30) are worth less than half as much as the Mavs ($312M).

The selling price of the Kings is a different figure entirely. That was only 65% of the shares, anyway, but it's not based on the franchise's value (at least, not wholly). They sold for that much because, in an arm's length transaction, both the buyers and the Maloofs know that a move to Seattle will likely increase the franchise's value over the coming years. That expected increase is factored into the price.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-23-2013 at 05:37 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote