View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 10:32 AM   #2026
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are in the contracts that actually get signed. I won't be surprised either way; however, if I were an owner, I'd certainly think twice about some of the ridiculous contracts in light of the falling NBA popularity and ratings that seem to be a reflection of widespread public dissatisfaction with professional athletes making political pronouncements.

I'm all for free speech, but free speech does not mean free from repercussions in a free society. If people choose to tune out and spend their money and attention elsewhere, then that's the risk one takes. I find it interesting how some will jump through hoops, so they don't piss off the chinese but don't give a second thought to pissing off a fair amount of their US fan base.
Oh this ridiculous narrative again