View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #103
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm not necessarily claiming he will be. What I'm saying is that this signing should not elicit a reaction of "well, we've replaced Damp, he's no longer needed". That's putting way too much faith in a player that absolutely has not proven himself as a starting caliber player.

There is just no way, imo, that the Mavs are willing to go into the season with a Gortat/Hollins center rotation. I could be wrong, obviously, but I believe very strongly that I'm not.

So yes, the idea that the Mavs have acquired an upgrade over Damp, right now, in some people's eyes absolutely makes me want to slam my head against my desk.
If moving damp gets them what they need at the 2 then they have to do it. They have to swing for it and it's not that big of a swing. Damp couldn't stay on the floor in many,many games.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote