View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #103
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
What I meant is that Dirk is benefitting greatly from having other threats on his team--like Howard and Terry and Stackhouse. It's part of what allows him to be so incredibly efficient. If he were playing with a bunch of scrubs, opposing teams would make his night a nightmare game in and game out.
Good point. Since Dirk has come into his own, I really can't say he has ever played on a scrub team (i.e. the Mavs before Cuban, Magic with McGrady, half of KG's teams, etc). I see a lot of posts saying Dirk can't be stopped but KG can. Have y'all really watched a lot of T-Wolves games and seen how KG carries that team?

I think you could replace Dirk with the following players and the Mavs would be just as good:

Duncan
KG
Shaq
Yao
Kobe
T-Mac

I really don't consider Kobe to be much of a team player but you can't discount his role in those 3 title runs. He did defer to Shaq (although he bitched in the last yr), initiated the offense and played great D on the other end.

Of course the Mavs would have to change their style of play somewhat, but it's not like the team doesn't have enough versatile talent.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote