View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 PM   #112
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Devin Harris will start

I dont question and of the deals the mavs made this summer. I can honestly say that I liked each and every one of them.

In the walker trade, you chose not to mention the additional players. We gave away Delk who had no role on this team and had 3 yeard left on his contract. We recieved Alan Henderson who will play backup PF this year and we got a 1st round draft pick that helped us land a starting Center.

So it is pretty clear that Delk for Hendu/1st is a good trade. Now lets look at the AW for JT part.

Antoine Walker is not a bad player or a bad guy. He wasnt a team cancer and he did do what was asked of him. I will give you that. But he did not fit in well with this team. He simply played the wrong position.... DIRK IS OUR POWER FOWARD. And that is how it needs to be, I dont want Dirk to paly Center because of walker and i certainly dont want Walker playing center.

And just becasue Terry isnt the opening day starter doesnt mean that he wont contribute to this team. I expect Terry to be great this year. He will play good D, he can score, pass, play the 1 or 2, and just give us energy. He might do all of that as a starter or he will do it coming of the bench.

I do not regret the trade for a second.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote