View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #116
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default RE:Devin Harris will start

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Some thoughts after a night of rumination:

4) I really hope JT takes this well, because if he can come around to being okay with this I think there's a very good chance it could be a great thing for him. There's a history of sixth man combo guards like JT being real boons for teams with championship aspirations. I think some of that is because when a player really embraces the sixth man role it helps them in a way to focus in on playing their game, which can be difficult for tweener types in general, and which by my reading has probably been JT's biggest hurdle in the preseason - just being himself. If JT's starting for the Mavs he's Steve Nash's replacement, and mimicking Steve isn't really something he's well suited to do in kind (though I do think the caliber of his contribution can be quite close when you factor in the upgrade he represents on defense). But if he's coming off the bench he's Nick 2.0, and in so far as Nick was primarily a scorer with pg skills as a Mav, that could very well be right up JT's alley. And when you factor in that JT's a more efficient scorer and a considerably better defender than Nick, I think it could very well be right up the Mavs' alley as well.
quite right... and he's done this before... 6th man, 3rd guard on Arizona championship team behind bibby and simon.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote