View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #526
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
There is plenty I could say about this, but I don't want to go on a long-winded tangent about it. He is a playmaker no doubt and TO, the player, can be very great...but TO, off the field, can be a major problem.

The media may inflate the issues, but he can only blame himself for that. He's had past instances where he has made things bigger than they need to be and they've ended poorly. He hasn't done enough to fix his image to help deflect those molehills turning into mountains of trouble.
He has stayed quiet for 3/4ths of the season. Things obviously haven't changed in the way they get him involved.....except against low tier teams of course...

How pissed would you be to have 3 catches in a VERY important game? I'd be incredibly peed off.

Regarding the media--it's not just TO and his past. It's the Cowboys. Any story around the team makes big news. We're the most followed NFL team in the world. Things are definitely inflated more than they really are.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote