View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #540
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Why?

I love TO.

I don't think he's wrong to say he deserves the ball. Sure, the media inflates it quite a bit, but when it comes down to it...he needs to get the d*mn ball in his hands.

Sure he's the most thrown to, but those throws aren't always.....on target. In fact, a bunch of them are way way off.

From what I've seen this year, TO has still got it in him. He needs the ball in his hands to be a playmaker.

I'm gonna put myself on the limb and say he is one of our top 3 players.

Also, I would definitely be pissed if I had the talent, size, athleticism, and speed that he has and I wasn't getting that involved too.
Here's the problem with TO's whining.

1. He gets the ball thrown his way more than any other player on the team.
2. For a big guy, he really doesn't fight for the ball well. He needs to separate more than many other bigger receivers.. much moreso than a guy like Michael Irvin ever did...
3. For a big guy, he really doesn't do a great job of getting off the line of scrimmage.
4. You can't always trust him to finish routes. The first interception probably could have been prevented if TO just finishes the route. Instead, he gave up on it giving the Steelers an easy interception.

For a great receiver, he has a ton of warts ON the field and off. He does an amazing job once he catches the ball. But, at this stage of his career, he's just not doing as much to get open as he did in his younger years.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote