View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #61
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I think the smoke monster is something they have very purposefully nurtured and developed throughout the series. They have a policy (they being Lindelof and Cuse): Every time you see the smoke monster, you learn something new about it.

So I think that is one that we'll get more on.

Now, other things...who knows? People (girls and gay people) always ask them about Libby (being in the mental hospital, etc) and Annie (the little girl Ben was friends with). These kinds of things I think are going to go unanswered.

The numbers may even go unanswered. I think I prefer it that way. I can't imagine how 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 can be explained without sounding completely dumb. I would be happy if those were just left as they are: mysterious.

The big enchilada for me has always been the nature of the island itself, and this seems like something they shouldn't try to answer at all. Though, I hope we get some more insight into all the Egyptian stuff on the island and why it's there.

Something I hope gets explained a little more is the Swan. Clearly there was something special beneath the station. The button seems to have served some purpose...but then again, after they blew it up there was seemingly no change or consequence to anyone but Desmond.

Most of all I hope they reveal that there has been something at stake all this time, and that Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sun and Jin have some important part to play after all of that BS. And hopefully John Locke's journey will not have been in vain.
what a great post.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote