Thread: Gay - Trade??
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
ok, it seems you are an expert...

explain to me how Miami Did it...they had wade $17,024,000 under contract and signed LBJ $17,545,000 and Bosh $17,545,000

explain to me how the Knicks did it...they had Anthony and Stoudamire 40 Mil. under contract and they signed Chandeler $13,604,188

please share your knowledge
Pretty simple, so I'm not sure I need to explain to you. All those examples were under the previous CBA. The new CBA is much harsher and not only imposes a much more significant tax, but also physically limits teams ability to acquire new players Both teams are going to suffer from the new CBA, but they were at least able to put their team together.

So all the things that have allowed super teams to flourish have all been nerfed.
1) Teams get fined to hell and back for exceeding the tax threshold. Cuban does not have the infinite money of a New York team. (up to a 410% tax for every dollar over the threshold instead of maxing out at 1:1.
2) Teams above the tax threshold only get 3mill in MLE money instead of 5mill. Few players would take a 2mill per year salary cut to come to Dallas.
3) If we get above the tax threshold, we also cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade, which is how Lebron and Bosh got to Miami and how Chandler got to New York.
4) Cap holds for players were reduced, but still pose a serious problem. We can't just max out our salary and then re-sign our guys. They count against our cap until we relinquish rights to them.
5) We can only give $3mill annually, instead of up to $3mill every transaction. Cuban often did this to sweeten the pot, but now he can only do it once per season.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-09-2013 at 02:51 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote