View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 12:08 PM   #958
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Curry is top 10. Warriors will be tough to beat the next 2-3 years. Scary to think of the younr talent they have accumulated -- Moody, Wiggins, Kuminga, Poole, Wiseman, pick this year.
He's not quite in my top 10, but that says a lot more about how insanely hard it is to be top 10 than it says about him. I have Kobe at #10 all time. So to crack the top 10, you have to be better than Kobe freaking Bryant. That is a very tall mountain to climb.

My top 10 in this exact order.

MJ
Lebron
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Shaq
Kobe

I'm sure a lot of people today would probably say I have Shaq ranked too high, but I remember vividly the entire league living in fear of Shaq and being at his mercy for the first part of this century. Nobody in my lifetime other than MJ has ever terrified and utterly owned the league the way Shaq did. Not Lebron, not Kobe, not Curry.

I also have KD ranked higher than Curry, and I'm not sure I can rank him above Jerry West or Oscar Robertson either. Maaayyyybe, but I'm not sure. Either way, Steph just misses my top 10.

But there is certainly no shame at all in "only" being #12-14 greatest ever.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-17-2022 at 12:13 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote