View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 03:51 PM   #1012
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bold prediction or not, but I'm just going to go ahead and say that this KD-Kyrie Nets team will fail. They might be a good team, and they might make some noise in the playoffs in the East, but I don't think they'll be real title contenders. I think KD will be noticeably diminished, and Kyrie is perpetual injury case and locker-room headache. Both guys seem like malcontents by nature. I think they will be one of those teams that shows flashes of brilliance, even dominance, but always disappoints in the end, and then breaks up after anywhere from 2-4 years. (KD and Kyrie can both opt out in 2023.)
Man, this I had no idea how right I was. I figured the team would fail, but I didn't imagine it would blow up this spectacularly. I never could have imagined Kyrie sitting out half the season over anti-vaxx bullshit, or trading for James Harden and then turning around and trading Harden for Ben Simmons, who looks like will probably never even play a single game with either KD or Kyrie.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote