Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #988
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I don?t think you can do confidently brush off his defense. Has he had lapses? Absolutely. Has Brunson also had lapses? Yes. Are both guys improving? Yes? Do defensive stats really mean much? Not really. Defensive rating is a measure of five-man squad and coaching. Mavs with Brunson we?re a top 5-10 defense in the league and yet the defensive ratings of the two are near identical.

I?d say defensively (and offensively) Brunson and Sexton are a push at best. Saying Brunson at 6?0? is a clear victor defensively seems ridiculous to me.
Oh I wasn?t declaring that Brunson was the better defender, just that it wouldn?t really push the needle for me. I?d wager he?d be slightly better than Brunson, but then again not worth the cost in contract or assets. Not in love with Sexton?s game.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote