View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #22
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I am a hophead. Give me an American IPA, Double IPA, or Barleywine and I'm probably going to like it. It was definitely an acquired taste - I hated hoppy beers when I first started drinking, but now there's nothing better, IMO.

Other than that, I enjoy good, crisp Bavarian or Czech Pilsners, wheat beers of all kinds (Witbiers, Hefes, Dunkels, and Weizenbocks), American Pale Ales, and Rye beers.

I am trying to expand my palette to enjoy more Belgians and roasted malt (read: dark) beers, but I have difficulty with anything that is really sweet or rich. So far, I can tolerate a good Stout (so long as it leans toward the coffee side as opposed to the chocolate side), but Porters are still a chore for me. As far as Belgians go, the only style, as a whole, that I enjoy are Dubbels, but I'm working my way up towards Tripels and Quads.

Beer = nectar of the Gods.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote