View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 03:10 AM   #15
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< Why on earth would we rather have spreewell than Grant? Spreewell would give us ANOTHER perimeter player. But hey, he can dunk so let's get him? Give me a break. Spree is as streaky as they come. Without looking, I'd say he only shoot marginally better than NVE. . >>

Actually your wrong, NVE actually shot better this year .409 to .403 I agree 100% i don't understand the Spreewell stuff either, the Mavs are suppose to be getting bigger not adding to a already high-powered offense. What does Spree bring that the Mavs don't already have, BG while having a lackluster season, last season he was considered one of the top 5-10 PFs in the league. If the Mavs aren't going to try to get a big man I would rather have NVE then Spree. First off, NVE knows his role, his shots per. were 4th right where they should be, Spree isn't a 10-11 shot guy, he will start and shoot probably about as much as Finley more then Dirk and Nash. In New York he was option 1a along with Houston who was option 1b, and still complained about shots, don't see Spree as the 4th option and being happy. Remember NVE's problem wasn't complaining about getting shots like Spreewell's it was playing for a loser.

Also think we wondering in &quot;Fantasy&quot; Basketball or Playstation 2 land. Lets get a big-named player for a year then when we get tired of him lets try out another big-name player, just like you do in video games, it was exciting at first to have NVE but it got old now lets get someone else. By the trading deadline Spree's head will be on a stick with everybody hoping for another big-name player
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote