View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
I'm not really liking the idea of another player coming of the end of the bench. My opinion is we need a center or another big man I would take a pass on Richardson.
The team's number one concern being the 5 spot is true. While there aren't any attractive 5's out there, we must look into making the team deeper, look at the championship contenders or previous champs, they had traditional 5's and nontraditional 5's. I believe we need a shotblocker more than anything (not necessarily a 5), a Chris Andersen kinda player although you don't find a lot of them around. Therefore, in order to further deepen our bench, a dangerous shooter in Richardson would be a great asset to this team. I'm sure Cuban can manage if he really wants to, he doesn't have to give up much. Tim Thomas is supposedly what he's here for but I don't think he fills that spot since he is a streaky shooter. His attitude may or may not make us a badder team, but I'm sure with the addition of marion, gooden, and maybe Thomas makes us a tough team.

I just think we should go after Richardson now (or a spot-up shooter) and still find a way to get a shotblocker/center or both.
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote