View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
street corner panhandling is now outlawed in dallas. nobody can do solicitations. this means the firemen, too, so it came at a cost.

I'm not sure the majority of homeless want to work.

one failure of the pew study is no differentiation in type of job, in many cases those hispanics are doing the labor while others are doing a lot of the other.

to me, immigrants are those who come here because they want to work.

I don't see there are jobs americans shouldn't do, if the borders were closed those jobs would be filled. that will come at a high cost imo productivity will decrease while unit cost will increase.

that's a wicked double whammy.
Unfortunate about the firemen. But you're right mavie, most homeless are not interested in work, or they just can't be responsible enough to be where they need to be when they need to be there.

Most it would seem need to be institutionalized, possibly out on a state farm would be doable. But you can't just let them be sick and lay around the streets.

Tough problem.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote