View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #118
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think the divide with Frank is: some of us see him has having elite defensive traits, and the potential to be a good 3&D guy with some secondary playmaking capabilities. His shot isn’t “broken”. He’s still super young, but experienced. He’s a hard worker, good character guy. Sefant and I are pretty clearly in the trade for Frank camp haha.

That said, I would hesitate to give up Brunson for him. And I’m not a huge Brunson fan. But what he gives you on a cheap contract Is pretty nice. I agree with whoever said we’ve seen close to his ceiling. Just athletically and measurements-wise there are inherent limitations. I’ve made this comparison before but he is no Van Vleet. I trust that his shooting will come around, he’ll learn to be less of a ball stopper and that his defense will improve some even with more experience. But it’s important to also recognize part of his allure is his bargain contract. He’s a nice player without a ton of upside. I’d be fine with moving him if a good deal comes along. Not sure Frank is it, but trust the Mavs trading acumen to identify diamonds in the rough so to speak.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-28-2020 at 05:58 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote