Thread: Dirk trade?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #26
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dirk trade?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Threads like this are unfortunate. This whole damn section is unfortunate.
I realize it is crazy to give up on Dirk who at 26 is still learning and improving.

However, this thread and others like this one are mainly an exercise in hypothetical debate. Most of the arguments/points will more than likely never happen, and because of this you might believe the discussions to be futile.

Although, I think most posters here are interested in discussing simply the merits and possiblities of these trades occuring whether they actually occur or not.

As for trading Dirk, I think his stock is rising. He has a high trade value and therefore would garner a positive return on a trade. So, trading him would make sense in purely pragmatic perspective.

Having said that, when it comes to sports, I believe in fan loyalty. I enjoy watching a team and it's players learn how to win. To follow that team and/or player grow and hopefully become a champion. Perhaps vicariously go through the ups and downs of the season.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd rather have a heartbreak loss in the NBA finals while rooting for guys I have followed forever, rather than witness the team win with a roster made up of mercenaries. I'd rather root for the heart and soul that occupy the uniforms, rather than just the laundry.

So, I think they should keep Dirk. Allow him to grow and become the player we know he can be. KG is great, but he belongs in Minnesota. As for me, I'll keep Dirk.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote