View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

On the issue of Creationism taught at school debate:

Personally, I'm opposed to teaching Creationism at school. If you are a Christian and want to teach Creationism, then you should teach that at home. And, you should teach the rest of your religion at home.

To me (and I am a Christian), it is the same issue as teaching sex education at school.
Sex education should not be taught at school. It is too divisive and belongs at home. What you want to teach your children about the mores of the world is your choice.

So, compromise. Get rid of Creationism and Sex Ed at school.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote