Thread: Trent??
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 12:23 PM   #30
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Trent's moments of productive play have been few and far between this season... more often I'll see him go out on the floor, hungry to earn more playing time, and frenetically grab boards, steals, and even blocks on the defensive end. I'm usually very impressed with him at this point, but then, when he's given the ball as a reward over on the offensive end, he shows a great ability to get to the basket, and then he shows a great ability to NOT finish the shot once he's down there. EVER. He manages to erase all his good work by consistently missing easy shots (often in part due to his short stature- he is easy to shot-block), and that's why he was given limited playing time before Juwan arrived. Now that Juwan is here, Trent's playing time is totally gone except some pity time here and there... he's being kept around as insurance in case of injury, and frankly, I don't think he's earned any decent amount of PT since he's recovered from injury. He seems like he could do more in different circumstances, but I don't think he fits in here in Dallas, and I would expect him to sign with a different team next year...