View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 12:23 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:So we bombed an innocent wedding? Sounds like more hogwash to me...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
What's disheartening to me is that killing innocent people can just be labeled a "mistake". "Oh, we are sorry. We just killed most of your innocent family." Even if it was a mistake, it doesn't even sound like the people here are remorseful. Its just a mistake and needs to be corrected. Imagine if that was your wedding and the US won't even admit that it was a mistake. If its too difficult to imagine, maybe the truth hurts.

1st of all it has not been established that the US killed any innocents at a wedding. So why display a great show of remorse over something that possibly never happened? 2nd there aren't even any claims that I've read that this incident was an intentional action by the US.

Next let's take a look at the work mistake that you complain so much about it's use.

Quote:
mis·take ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-stk)
n.
1. An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.
This is the meaning that is comingly being used. I do not see how it inaccurately displays what is claimed to have happened. Would you have the US lie and say it was an intentional random attack on a wedding for the sole purpose of killing a few Arabs just for the hell of it? What good would that do anyone? If an action was unintentional it was a mistake even if the action has horribly tragic consequences. And unlike the United States, Iraq is a country where an active shooting war is being fought. In Wars, mistakes happen and often result in deaths. This is very sad. We try to form procedures which will help prevent the same type of mistakes from taking place again. What we will never be able to do is form procedures which will allow us to be mistake free.

And the US hasn't ommitted that it was a mistake because they do not have any credible evidence that they have had sufficient time to review for accuracy that would defiinitely indicate that it was a mistake. How would you feel if I claimed that you killed my mother on the way to work and forced you to admit it solely on a picture of a woman who looks like my mother who was hit by a car that looks sort of like yours, then to find out the next day that my mom is alive and well and that the picture was taken thousands of miles from where you live?

Why are you so rash to judge others on partial and unverified evidence?