View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 02:14 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:So we bombed an innocent wedding? Sounds like more hogwash to me...

Quote:
Technically ti can, it's just very unlikely to happen. These aren't the kind of guys that sit in fixed positions waiting to be bombed like an army inn defense might be. These guys know the dangers of airpower, and if you take American soldiers under fire, you know the birds are coming, or you've been badly trained. It's all possible, only very unlikely in my book. It also dependson what munitions were used. We don't know that for sure either (or do we?).
Just as a dumb question? What makes people think that the 40 killed were killed by the aircraft bombing? I know that is what is said, and I know about ICM, and its effects. I'll bet there was a FO in the area (probably from SF), and that target was lased. That would account for the high death count. And if a SF group were operating in the area, it wouldn't be in print by the Army and the AP wouldn't get the story anyway. Believe about 1/2 of what you read from either side. Many things happen on the ground that don't come out that way when it hits the paper.

I am not saying that some innocent people didn't get killed, because the military does make mistakes. I am saying that I would be surprised if what was written by AP, and the Army piece, was even half correct.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote