View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 05:22 PM   #53
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Sorry drbio, but the great Dean E. Smith always expressed displeasure at the way second place finishers were treated. Players that had worked hard trying to win, but had just fallen short. He said he really disliked the way fans made these players feel like they were dirt simply because they had lost one game (which could have been for a variety of reasons). Maybe this is why I just like College Basketball more than any single sport. The expecatations aren't we have to win. Instead it's I hope we win. It makes the feeling after a win incredible. But that's not to say the players try any less. Actually it's the other way around. Players aren't being paid, and they are playing more for the love of the game. I guess my problem right now is I am expecting the NFL environment to be like College Basketball environment. But still, it doesn't change my opinion that us fans expecting the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl a year after going 5-11 is ludicrous. Now that doesn't mean the Cowboys should take plays off and not give full effort. What it means is that at fans we shouldn't be pissed at an 8-8 record this year. For me I see that as a step in the right direction. If we make 8-8 this year, then next season we can start raising our expectations, and expecting the Cowboys to be Prime Contenders for a Super Bowl. >>

Exactly a step in tha right direction. How is goin 3 and 13 a step in tha right direction? Thats exactly what happneed last season we all didnt know what to expect from Cowboys. If they pulled off a 8-8 record that looks like its goin into hte right direction. Just dont know who is even running the Cowboys the same guy who has 3 rings or tha one doin crack. Just dont get it at all. Unless Jerry is listening to fans? OH HELL NAW!!!

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote